Senior Support Workers
We are recruiting highly skilled Support Workers and experienced Senior Support Workers to join our growing team. You’re required to have past experience in the field for a Senior position.
Location: Cardiff Central and Rhondda Cynon Taf
Full Time Salary: £25,137 (dependent on contracted hours)
Contract: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
*All our services have easy access to public transport so a driving licence isn’t required for this role.
Find your potential by helping others reach theirs!
We are recruiting Senior Support Workers to join our growing team. In this position you will be required to have past experience in the field.
We are a specialist Residential and Supported Living provider of 24-hour support and rehabilitation for vulnerable adults with mental health issues. This may include forensic mental health, personality disorder, mild learning disabilities, acquired brain injury and associated challenging behaviours between the ages of 17-70.
We are a fast-growing company with new home developments in the Cardiff central suburbs, Rhondda Cynon Taf and further afield. As an expanding provider, we are looking for passionate, energetic and inspirational Senior Support Workers to join our team and help support our service users to live more independently and reach their their potential.
As a React team member, it is guaranteed that you will gain valuable knowledge trough our detailed induction programme. We also feel it’s important for us to ensure our employees have comprehensive training in specialist areas. In addition to this, you will gain a vast wealth of knowledge whilst working with our experienced management and clinical team.
Your role will be to support service user’s on a day to day basis to recognise and encourage choice, dignity, privacy, self-worth, respect and community participation.
ey Responsibilities: Individual Support
- Maintain positive and therapeutic relationships with the Individuals at the service
- Coordinate and facilitate group and 1:1 activity for Individuals at the service
- Support the completion of actions relating to communal meetings
- Ability to identify changes to strategies and suggest amendments to the Individual’s Personal Care Plan and Positive Support Plan
- Promotes positive risk-taking in line with Individuals Personal Care Plan
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Adults at Risk Safeguarding policy and procedures including how to respond, record and report concerns, disclosures or allegations
Key Responsibilities: Communicating and Sharing Information with Others
- To work effectively as a team leader and actively promote teamwork and team building which involves taking part in hand-over and contributing / leading to agenda / discussions at staff meetings.
- To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with family members and the public so that the aims and values of the organisation are upheld and the image of the company is paramount.
- To maintain appropriate and accurate records in respect of finances, incidents and accidents, care plans, reviews and other systems in place.
- Ability to flex the shift and take into account all unforeseen activities
Key Responsibilities: General
- Achieved Support Worker Band 1 and Band 2 competencies
- An allocated Key Worker who performs duties to a high standard
- Prepare and attend Individual Care Reviews (ICRs) as requested by the Manager
- Take minutes as requested by the Manager
- Excellent communication skills working with internal and external professionals
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the service and the organisation
- Support and mentor new starters during their Induction
- 100% attendance at training, staff meetings and reflective practice
- You must be working towards your QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but a guideline to indicate the main areas of responsibility and is subject to periodical review to meet operations needs and following consultation with the job holder.
- Paid breaks
- 42, 36 and 24 hour contracts available, with the option of overtime
- Flexible working
- Career progression opportunities with support in personal development
- Healthcare cash plan
- Loyalty bonuses, including additional annual leave
- £500 recommend a friend incentive
- Extensive training to gain industry recognised qualifications
- Team building events
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Sports teams
- Blue Light card.
Please note: All our services are easy access to public transport so a driving licence isn’t required for this role.
If you are interested in making a difference to people’s lives and want to join our listening culture and our exciting developments, please apply!
Our Recruitment Process
Send in a CV to our recruitment team. Find us on Indeed or Facebook.
An Interview will be arranged with one of the HR Team. This will be via a telephone call, video call or in person.
You will be given a Provisional Job Offer pending Right to Work, References and an Enhanced DBS Check.
Induction & Training
An Induction Programme and Online Training will take place before starting Shadow Shifts in the services.